When looking at purchasing a practice, watch out for these red flag
issues. You might want to ask a lot of questions before you proceed!
1. A practice that is less than 10 years old.
2. A practice with more than about 10% of its revenue from Denti-Cal.
3. A practice where a practice sale broker insists that you use a particular
attorney or a particular accountant to evaluate the practice.
4. A practice in which the seller is relocating close by. A seller should
warrant in the contract what his/her future plans are.
5. A practice in which the seller is not retiring.
6. A practice with primarily new staff members.
7. A practice in which more than 10% of the patient base lives more than
5 miles away from the practice.
8. A practice that has been on the market for an extended period of time.
9. A practice in which the selling doctor will not give a covenant not to treat
patients, a covenant not to derive income from patients of the practice,
and a covenant not to hire employees of the practice.
10. A practice in which you must sign a sales agreement before doing your
|Bette Robin 714-421-4407
Dentist, Attorney, Real Estate Broker
SELECT PRACTICE SERVICES, INC.
17482 Irvine Blvd., Ste. E
Tustin, CA 92780